Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 3rd week

November 22, 2009
Dear Elder Strong,
How was your transfer? We are still waiting for your new address. Your contacts are here, and I would like to send you a little package.

Well, my birthday was fun. I had to work, but it was great being the center of attention – Jr. High kids all hugging me and 2 classes sang to me. I got home EC cookies and candy bars. Jason got me the New Moon CD and dad took me out Saturday night. Of course the celebration continues.

We got a new elder this week and luck would have it they were slated to speak in Sacrament Meeting. So, this elder who has been out the same number of weeks as you had to speak last minute to our ward, he did a great job. He spoke on the atonement from Preach My Gospel. Jill asked me if you were in church this morning in Michigan. I told her yes, and that you probably got to speak or at least tell a hundred times your life story in a nutshell.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? The more I think about it, the more I am tempted to ditch Woodruff and take the family and volunteer at a soup kitchen or something. I will make dinner, just for our family another day. Maybe tomorrow.

Jason went and cut wood with Kim Shelley yesterday. He has a career in wood cutting. He enjoys splitting the wood and we are set for the winter. He got some great news this week, he tried out for the School musical, My Fair Lady and got the lead! He will play Professor Higgins opposite Lindsay Larsen who will play Eliza Doolittle. It will be in the spring, but they start learning their songs and lines now.

Michael has opted to not play a sport this season, which maybe will bring up his grades. He has played in a band with some friends.

I talked to a guy who has committed to be baptized next week, he is so excited. He works for Aunt Sis – you might remember him. His name is Jr. He said that the missionaries contacted him on the street and he knew that Aunt Sis was a Mormon so he invited them to come and teach him. Bishop has challenged us to give a pass along card away this Christmas. I really think I will do it. I do love the Gospel. I am so thankful for all that we've been given. Elder Seth Hord wrote a note to me for my birthday recalling that it was just 4 years ago in Fairfax that we shared Thanksgiving and I called his family to get a favorite recipe. (They just said TONS of Mashed potatoes.) I hope that you have as good of experiences with members in your area. Remember to thank the host and hostess and to offer to pitch in for clean up.

You make me so proud. I would love to hear about your new area and about the people that you teach. I love you, we continue to pray for you, and we'll all be going to the Temple instead of shopping the day after Thanksgiving – Uncle Marlin will be here too. I will remember you there.
Love,
Mom and the family.

PS, email addresses and regular addresses will follow in a separate note.

No comments: