Dear Family,
Things are going great here in Midland. the was a baptism of a 14 year old girl with down syndrome yesterday which was unlike anything I've ever been at. It was really a neat experience because she didn't need to be for any reason other than because she wanted to be. I talked to Bro Pixton for a while too and he's gonna have us over for dinner and well take pictures to send to you. Hes a Chemical Engineer with a PhD and has gone all over for GE and now with Dow.
I am now with elder beck. I don't remember if i mentioned him but hes a cool kid from Texas that's been out one year longer than me. Its interesting being here because before now id never been around anyone that had been out longer than a year other than the APs or Apes as my last ward mission leader called them. His name is Bro. Ward and hes like 6'6" and huge. Like he makes me feel like a little boy. Apparently I reminded him a lot of his youngest son who's at BYU at it was way cool.
I'm excited to be here and the ward is great. I am sad that I'm not in Williamston anymore though. I really felt like that was my home away from home. Oh well Ill just have to be sure to visit and try to further enrich their lives some other way.
Love
Elder Strong
P.S. we have 4 thanksgiving appts and a turkey bowl in the morning and I'm going to die one way or another I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment